Social Media Policy
CMSA Group Policy for LinkedIn™
Thank you for taking part in the Case Management Society of America (CMSA) Group on LinkedIn™. CMSA established this group as a means for the case management community to connect, collaborate, share and grow professionally. CMSA is dedicated to providing case management professionals with the tools necessary to be more efficient, effective and competitive, and this group serves as one of many of those resources.
By joining and using the CMSA LinkedIn Group, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this peer exchange group. You also agree to reserve discussions and activities to topics best suited to the health care industry. To ensure the best possible experience for all group members, please respect the guidelines for participation and take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about any of the Group Rules, please contact CMSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, CMSA reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to the CMSA LinkedIn Group without notice for members who violate these rules.
Functionality and features of the Group page are designed and fully supported by LinkedIn™. CMSA has no control over the feature/functionality design of the page. Technical questions on how to use the Group page should be directed to LinkedIn by accessing the Answers tab or Help functions contained within the website.
- CMSA LinkedIn Group members consist of any LinkedIn user who can demonstrate they are currently engaged in a health care related field.
- All participation in the CMSA LinkedIn Group should reflect the Society’s values and the guidance of the Standards of Practice for Case Management: integrity, respect, mutual support, and professional excellence (www.cmsa.org/sop).
- Don’t attack others. The discussions are meant to stimulate networking and conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages in the “Discussions” section. This includes selling products, endorsing products, posting job openings or self-promotion of products, services, events or publications. CMSA reserves the right to move these to Discussion posts Jobs or Promotions, and/or to delete inappropriate content.
- Use caution when discussing products or commercial markets. Information posted is subject to defamation and antitrust laws.
- Use caution when discussing any patient or clinical situation. Be aware of all HIPPA regulations and your own employer’s privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Such discussions will be removed, and such participants may be subject to be removed from Group.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that CMSA and other CMSA LinkedIn Group users have the right to reproduce postings.
Please use the various group sections appropriately:
- “Discussions” are for topics relevant to the practice of case management and the activities of CMSA. It is not to be used for self-promotion, commercial messages or job postings. CMSA may post promotional material related to CMSA events, services, official job listings or official CMSA publications.
- “Promotions” is an appropriate forum for posting information related to the promotion of your company, including services and events. CMSA may remove postings that promote products or services that are not beneficial to the CMSA community or are in conflict with official CMSA events, products or publications. If you would like to discuss CMSA support or promotion of your organization, event, programs, products or professional resources, please contact CMSA at email@example.com to learn more about promotional opportunities.
- “Jobs” is an appropriate forum for posting job openings. CMSA LinkedIn Group users are reminded that CMSA maintains an official job board that is an effective means of reaching CMSA members. Users of the “jobs” forum are encouraged to explore use of the CMSA Career Center by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not use the CMSA LinkedIn Group to communicate with CMSA staff regarding any issues about membership, events, continuing education credits or professional concerns. CMSA does not promise that the Group page is monitored continuously by staff and therefore your question may not be answered quickly. Instead, please contact CMSA at email@example.com.
- Please refrain from using the CMSA LinkedIn Group to promote any events, activities, products or services that are in competition to the products and services of CMSA. These include, but are not limited to, membership in other professional associations, promotion of events or education competing with official CMSA events and promotion of publications in competition to official CMSA publications.
- Remember that all information posted to the CMSA LinkedIn Group is visible and available to any member of the CMSA LinkedIn Group, now and in the future. CMSA does not guarantee any right to privacy nor can it prevent posts from being reviewed by employers, competitors or any other individual or entity.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
The rules and conditions set forth below (“Rules”) govern your use of the CMSA LinkedIn Group. By accessing the CMSA LinkedIn Group, you agree to these Rules.
RULES OF CONDUCT FOR INTERACTIVE SERVICES
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, links, materials and other information (together “Postings”) are generated by participants within the CMSA LinkedIn Group and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies or opinions of CMSA. CMSA is not responsible for the content of any Postings. No Postings are endorsed, adopted, or published by CMSA unless explicitly stated otherwise by one of CMSA’s authorized agents acting in an official capacity.
CMSA has no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, edit, or delete Postings generated by participants in the CMSA LinkedIn Group but CMSA reserves the right to do so if any Postings do not comply with the Rules or are otherwise harmful, inaccurate, objectionable, or receive complaints from other CMSA LinkedIn Group users. CMSA is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing Postings that fail to comply with the Rules.
When you log into the CMSA LinkedIn Group, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You acknowledge that you are currently engaged in the health care / case management industry and can contribute as a beneficial resource or contributor and supporter of case management. CMSA reserves the right to remove Users from the Group who no longer meet this criteria, in the opinion of CMSA.
- You take sole responsibility for the content of your Postings. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CMSA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents and hold CMSA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, proceedings damages, injuries, liabilities losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) relating to any acts or omissions by you or materials or information transmitted by you in connection with the CMSA LinkedIn Group leading wholly or partially to claims against CMSA, its officers, directors, employees, or agents by other users or third parties.
- You grant CMSA the non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free unrestricted license (with the right to sub-license) to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, adapt, translate, and modify your Postings in whole or in part in any form now known or later developed.
- You will not use the CMSA LinkedIn Group to send chain letters, unsolicited advertising, or any other junk or bulk mail.
- You will not impersonate any other CMSA LinkedIn Group User or entity.
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information, files, code or other materials that are unlawful, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or libelous, or that are threatening, abusive, or harassing on the basis of an individual’s (or groups of individuals’) religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information, files, code or other materials that contain viruses or are able to disrupt or damage CMSA’s or CMSA LinkedIn Group members’ software, hardware or equipment.
- You acknowledge that your Postings are non-confidential and any ideas, inventions, or know-how disclosed in them will be available to the public.
- You represent and warrant that your Postings will not violate another person’s copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right to privacy or publicity, or any other proprietary or personal right.
- You acknowledge and agree that CMSA has the right to delete, modify or supplement Postings or the content of the CMSA LinkedIn Group at any time for any reason without notification to anyone and to ban or restrict CMSA LinkedIn Group users for any reason at anytime.
- CMSA also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the CMSA LinkedIn Group with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
When you join the CMSA LinkedIn Group, you accept the following limitations of liability and disclaimer of warranties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, WILL CMSA OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONDUCT OF PARTICIPANTS IN THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP, INCLUDING FACILITATORS OF ANY DISCUSSIONS, OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP OR YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE POSTINGS ON THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP.
THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP AND ANY POSTINGS ON THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EVEN IF THAT PURPOSE HAS BEEN DISCLOSED). CMSA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR ASSURANCES THAT THE POSTINGS ON THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP ARE RELIABLE, CURRENT, USEFUL, ACCURATE OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE CMSA LINKEDIN GROUP ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
You agree that the law of the State of Arkansas in the United States of America will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and to our message board. In addition, you agree and consent that, if there is ever any legal action against CMSA, the state and federal courts of Arkansas USA, will have exclusive jurisdiction and be the exclusive venue for any such legal actions.
This agreement is the entire understanding between you and CMSA regarding your relationship to the CMSA LinkedIn Group. If CMSA fails to notify you of any violations of this agreement, this will not mean that CMSA cannot notify you of future violations of any part of this agreement.
THIRD PARTY WEB SITE LINKS
CHANGES TO GROUP RULES
CMSA may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Group Rules and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. If you do not accept and abide by this Agreement, you may not use the CMSA LinkedIn Group. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these CMSA LinkedIn Group Rules, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version.