Call for Poster Presentations is Open!CMSA’s 31st Annual Conference & Expo |June 8 - 11, 2021 | Disney Orlando's Coronado Springs Resort
2021 CMSA CONFERENCE
Call for Presentations
“Staking Our Claim in a New World”
*NEW* SUBMISSION SITE: Submit your presentation online at https://cmsa.societyconference.com
*You will need to create a new account to submit.
Concurrent Submission Deadline: CLOSED
Poster Submission Deadline: December 15,2020
Concurrent Session & Poster Presentation Submissions
Case managers are advocates, leaders, influencers, problem-solvers, educators and more! In every work setting and within healthcare in general, there is a common challenge; how to best meet our clients’ needs in an industry that is continually evolving. Legislative and regulatory changes trickle down and lead to more change at the employer level. Initiatives to improve our practice, reinforce our value and protect our profession will ultimately lead to increased recognition that case management is the true health care reform.
Case Management is a complex career choice and certainly not a path to be taken lightly. But like most processes, time and effort produce amazing results. In support of case managers, CMSA continues to forge the future for this rapidly expanding healthcare profession. Conference presentations and poster sessions are designed to spark conversations and innovations, provide strategies and solutions, along with practical tools and successful initiatives for professional case managers and case management systems. We invite you to become a part of the conversation by participating in the 2021 Call for Presentations.
Your proposal should address at least one of these general conference objectives and be based on CMSA’s Standards of Case Management Practice:
- The 2020 healthcare landscape changed dramatically and suddenly, affecting every portion of the case manager role. Discuss the lived experiences of case managers during the world’s response to the pandemic crises and the impact on case management programs in various healthcare settings as a result of the pandemic.
- Discuss the emerging trends and/or successful outcomes of case management practice as a result of interorganizational or interprofessional collaboration.
- Discuss process improvement, transformational change management and/or action research that has contributed to improving outcomes in physical, social, and behavioral health across the life span.
- Define the leadership role needed for case managers regardless of discipline or practice setting to function effectively and efficiently in care coordination and advocacy efforts. Use specific examples of how to empower case managers, colleagues and peers through the areas of education, practice, mentoring, preceptorship and experience.
- Describe how implementation, use of policies and procedures derived from CMSA’s Standards of Practice, Integrated Case Management, Case Management Adherence Guidelines, Motivational Interviewing, Social Determinants of Health, and/or Case Management Certification impacted the development of case management programs or care management outcomes of patients and clients.
- Describe how various forms of information, training, professional organizations and/or member association participation influences the advancement of case management practice and the case management body of knowledge.
Based on rigorous market research, CMSA is seeking presentation proposals in the following categories/topics.
Proposals should relate to the stated objectives and one or more of these categories:
- Acute Care
- Workers’ Compensation
- Discipline Specific Case Management
- Long Term Care
- Population Health or Community Health
- Managed Care
- Research/Process Improvement/Innovation
- Health Disparity
- Integrated Care Management
- End of Life Care
- CMSA Chapter Leadership & Mentorship
Sponsored Breakfast or Lunch Symposia
Sponsored symposia provide a unique opportunity to deliver pertinent education on a grand scale to our Case Management audience.
Military/VA/DoD (MVD) Day
CMSA is honored to host Military/DoD and VA case managers for the 2021 MVD Day. With well over 150 participants at each of the past three events, we are excited to continue this gathering in Orlando. We bring together Military/DoD and VA case managers from across the country for a day created just for their professional growth.
If you would like to present education or research that is applicable to this specific group of case managers, please review the MVD Day Proposal Requirements and Instructions to submit a presentation proposal.
Professional Keynote Speakers
If you are a professionally-paid speaker and wish to be considered as a keynote for CMSA 2021 in Orlando, please submit your information for review by clicking here.
Case Management Society of America
5034A Thoroughbred Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027