CMSA’s Career & Knowledge Pathways (CKP)Educational Quality, Content and Case Management Skill Sets
CMSA’s Career & Knowledge Pathways (CKP) educational program fills a longstanding gap in case management education. Theoretical content has been available for many years, but practical instruction of basic concepts of case management, as well as skills opportunities, have been left to the individual case manager and employers to determine and deliver. These circumstances have led to great variation in educational quality, content, and case management skill sets across the healthcare continuum.
The debut CKP course, CMSA Standards of Professional Case Management Practice, was developed by thought leaders in case management to contribute to the basic understanding of the standards that govern your practice.
This program examines each standard in detail and provides practical application for the case manager. Case managers can complete the course at their own pace as a result of this online training.
Consider this program for you or your staff if you are a:
- Managed care medical or case management director looking to build a long term, sustainable workforce that advocates for standardized practice in order to produce case management outcomes.
- A new case manager entering the field and looking to become more proficient in the Standards of Practice
- An undergraduate nurse obtaining a BSN and looking to be prepared for the changing environment in health care
- An individual case manager looking for continuing education relevant to the Standards of Practice
- Based on CMSA Standards of Practice for Case Management, referenced by NCQA and URAC
- SOP aligns with CMS Conditions of Participation – Interpretive Guidelines 2014 and The Joint Commission Standards – Elements of Performance
- Embraces the case management care continuum in any work environment
- Contributes to consistency in foundational case management knowledge and a long term, sustainable workforce
- Thirty hours of continuing education are awarded at the completion of the course for nurses, social workers, and those holding a CCM.
Please contact client services for more information on our new program coming soon.