What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability insurance is intended to respond to covered perils surrounding allegations of bodily injury or property damage to a third party, such as an invited guest, or general public; and that such injury/damage is due to the negligence of your organization. General Liability insures other people against actions by your employees, members, or volunteers who are working at your direction and on your organization’s behalf.
- Remember – injuries to or property damage to items belonging to employees, volunteers, or members of your organization or chapter are not covered.
- This policy will not respond to suits brought against one member by another. This policy is not and is never intended to be an accident or medical insurance policy for your members.
- The limit of liability is shared by all chapters.
- Medical Expense coverage can extend to a volunteer who is working at your direction and on behalf of your organization, but only up to $10,000. This coverage is not intended to replace medical or accident insurance.
- Certificates of Insurance should be obtained from vendors and anyone providing services, including caterers, bus charters, contractors and professional service providers.
- Always contact Aon Association Services prior to any conference your chapter will be holding to obtain a certificate of insurance under this policy.
- No real or personal property coverage
CMSA values and appreciates our chapter leaders and is pleased to provide coverage to help protect our leaders in the unlikely event that an issue would arise. As a membership organization we believe that our leaders should be given the support they need to carry out all of their volunteer duties in an environment that offers a level of protection. Any questions regarding these policies should be directed toward the account manager for that policy.
Limits of Coverage: $10,000,000
Per Occurrence Limit: $1,000,000
Deductible: $250 (personal property)
Who do we contact with GL policy questions?
POLICY #: SPP6364876
WendyAnn Henry | Account Manager
Aon Association Services
a Division of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.
1120 20th Street, NW, 6th Floor
Washington DC, 20036
Telephone Direct: 202.862.5349