The Case Management Society of America (CMSA) and TCS Healthcare Technologies (TCS) announced today that both organizations are co-sponsoring a Webinar that will provide an overview of Acuity AnyWare, a web-enabled software program launched in 2008 to help independent and small groups of case managers support their patients and clients.
The complimentary Webinar, entitled “Using Case Management Software for Independent and Small Groups of Case Managers,” will provide an in-depth look at how information technology programs, such as Acuity AnyWare, can enhance case management interventions in various clinical and business settings.
The presentation will provide a demo of Acuity AnyWare and will highlight some of the key functions and features. The session also will provide an overview of recent information technology (IT) trends impacting care management.
The Webinar will be held on July 26, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (EDT). To register, visit https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/828061874
CMSA Executive Director and webinar co-presenter, Cheri Lattimer, RN, BSN, adds “CMSA is pleased to co-host this important presentation. Acuity AnyWare is a hosted application, which can be used without the need to install expensive software or have technical support to maintain it. The application allows users to transition from a manual system to an electronic system that is specifically suited to the activities of a nurse case manager.”
TCS founder and CEO Rob Pock notes “We are proud to have worked with CMSA in the past on a number of different projects. This Webinar highlights our joint efforts to break down technology barriers for case managers of all types through Acuity AnyWare.”
During the hour long session, webinar attendees will learn about:
- How ACUITY AnyWare, as a CMSA benefit, can support case managers
- An Overview of ACUITY AnyWare key functions
- Some of the challenges for clinicians and others when implementing or using a care management software system
- Recent health IT trends that are impacting the practice of case management
- Includes a Question and Answer (Q&A) session at the end.
Pat Stricker, RN, M.Ed., senior vice president at TCS and co-presenter, comments that “the Webinar will feature a demo of Acuity AnyWare highlighting several attributes of the software application such as the electronic task manager function that helps clinicians keep track of daily activities with automated reminders. The presentation also will highlight how a case management software system can optimize our clinical and administrative workflows.”
Acuity AnyWare is a software solution that is only offered to CMSA members by TCS. If a case manager is not a member, a person can join CMSA as an individual or corporate member to qualify. There are no long-term contracts, and a subscriber may terminate their Acuity AnyWare software agreement at any time with 30 days written notice.
For more information about the Webinar or TCS medical management software applications, please contact John Sekerak (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (530) 886-1700. For more information about CMSA membership, contact email@example.com.
# # #
Case Management Society of America (www.cmsa.org) is an international non-profit 501(c)(6) multi-disciplinary professional association established in 1990. CMSA is dedicated to the support and advancement of the case management profession through educational forums, networking opportunities, legislative advocacy, and establishing standards to advance the profession. The association is based in Little Rock, AR and serves more than 20,000 members/subscribers and 70 affiliate and pending chapters. Since its inception, CMSA has been at the forefront of setting professional standards for the industry, which allows for the highest level of efficiency and integrity, as well as developing national and local leaders who are recognized for their practice and professional excellence. For more information on CMSA, call CMSA at (501) 225-2229 or go to www.cmsa.org.
TCS Healthcare Technologies (www.tcshealthcare.com) is a leading provider of software and clinical solutions that support and improve population health management strategies for health plans, insurers, providers, third party administrators, medical management companies, and others. TCS is recognized as one of the premier healthcare software companies in the United States designing, offering, and hosting a number of products and services. The following TCS applications support a wide range of care management transactions:
- Acuity Advanced Care™, a comprehensive and integrated care management software system for Utilization Management (UM), Case Management (CM), Disease Management (DM), and Prevention/Wellness (PW) services;
- AcuCare™, evidenced-based care programs, which includes clinical assessments and outcome-based care plans;
- AcuStrat™, a population stratification and automation tool that turns patient healthcare information into automated, actionable events;
- AcuExchange™, a provider portal that allows providers to submit authorization requests over the Internet and collaborate with the payer;
- AcuPort Advanced™, a middleware software (Extraction, Transformation, & Loading) solution to link disparate information, from multiple applications into one useful system; and
- AcuTab™, a seamless data-viewing system that allows users of ACUITY to view, search, sort, and report on data from other systems without having to log in to other applications or rely on third-party interfaces.