CMSA’s 2007–2008 Board Members Take Office at CMSA’s 17th Annual Conference
LITTLE ROCK, ARK.
– JULY 2007
– Peter Moran, RN,C, BSN, MS, CCM, of Newburyport, Mass., took office as the 17th
president of the Case Management Society of America (CMSA), an international organization of more than 10,000 members and the leading non-profit 501(c)(6), multi-disciplinary, professional association dedicated to the support and advancement of the care management profession. Moran was installed as the new president at CMSA’s annual conference held June 19–23, in Denver, Colo.
A member of CMSA since 1995, Moran has served as President of the New England chapter, as a representative of the National Chapter Presidents’ Council, National Industry Council Chair, and as CMSA's National Vice President. The recipient of CMSA's 2004-2005 National Case Manager of the Year award, Moran is a sought-after industry speaker. Since 2002, he has served as a nurse case manager in the Emergency Department at Boston's Massachusetts General Hospital with a special interest in the care of the homeless and frail elders.
“It is an exciting time to be a case manager and a member of CMSA," Moran stated. "Health care is truly at a pivotal point in history, and case managers are uniquely positioned to positively impact the health care system and the clients we serve. It has been a long time coming, but I can honestly say that case managers are no longer the best kept secret in health care. We have arrived, and we need to embrace the spotlight and the opportunities presented to us so we can continue to improve the care we give."
At the Denver meeting, CMSA welcomed the following individuals to its 2007-2008 Board of Directors:
CMSA National Board of Directors
- President, Peter Moran, RN,C, BSN, MS, CCM, Newburyport, Mass.
- President-Elect, Jeff Frater, RN, BSN, CCM, Colbert, Wash.
- Vice President, Margaret Chu, RN, BSN, MPA, RNC, CCM, CPHQ, East Williston, N.Y.
- Secretary, Carolyn Simon, MSN, RN, CPUR, CCM, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Treasurer, Patricia Agius, RN, BS, A-CCC, CCM, CPHQ, Danbury, Conn.
- Immediate Past President, Connie Commander, RN, BS, CCM, ABDA, CPUR, Pearland, Texas
- Executive Director, Cheri Lattimer, RN, BSN, Little Rock, Ark.
- Cheryl Humphrey, RN, BS, MSN, CCM, Westfield, Mass. (Chapter Presidents' Council Chair)
- Terry Kelley, RN, CCM, Orangevale, Calif.
- Mary Beth Newman, RN, MSN, A-CCC, CMAC, CCP, Loveland, Ohio
- Rebecca Perez, RN, CCM, CPUR, CPUM, High Ridge, Mo.
- Melanie Ann Prince, USAF, MSN, CCM, CMAC, CNA, PAHM, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Teri Treiger, RN-C, MA, CCM, CPUR, CCP, Holbrook, Mass.
To view information on CMSA's Board of Directors, click here.###
About Case Management Society of America
Established in 1990, the Case Management Society of America is an international non-profit 501(c)(6) multi-disciplinary professional association dedicated to the support and advancement of the case management profession through educational forums, networking opportunities, legislative advocacy, and establishing standards to advance the profession. It is based in Little Rock, AR, and serves more than 20,000 members/subscribers and 70 affiliate and pending chapters. Since its inception, CMSA has been at the forefront of setting professional standards for the industry, which allows for the highest level of efficiency and integrity, as well as developing national and local leaders who are recognized for their practice and professional excellence. For more information on CMSA, call CMSA at (501) 225-2229 or go to www.cmsa.org.