Over the past weeks since hurricane Katrina, CMSA has been working on a number of customized solutions to aid case managers in relief efforts. Very quickly, we added a disaster relief section to the CMSA website, which outlines local and national relief efforts and organizations. However, as the professional association for case managers, a great struggle for us has been determining how to bring together individuals who lost their livelihoods with those employers willing to help by hiring them. To contribute in this area, we are pleased to report the addition of the KATRINA Module to CMSA's CareerCenter.
The KATRINA module allows:
- Flag themselves as offering Katrina positions to displaced jobseekers by flagging the job posting.
- Add a text box to describe how their position is helping in the effort to provide employment to Katrina victims.
- When an employer searches resumes, all Katrina jobseekers will be displayed with a flag identifying them as such.
- Have a checkbox to flag themselves as Katrina victims.
- Have a text box similar to that of employers to describe how they have been affected and the type of employment that they are looking for.
- When a jobseeker searches job postings, Katrina postings will be displayed with a flag and identified as such.
In addition, CMSA has also added an entire section of Career Development Resources including:
Getting Started – Begin with an honest and objective assessment of: your behavioral style, your past experience, and your skills. Then, understand how these factors impact your value for employers, determine your career path, and establish a plan.
Choosing the Right Coach - Select the right person to assist in planning your future.
Preparing Resumes, Letters, and References - Tips for writing resumes and cover letters that sell you and confirm your experience.
Finding Job Opportunities - Interview tips, networking, identifying research resources, and working with recruiters.
Negotiating Your Offer, Closing the Deal - Negotiating salary, benefits, severance, relocation and related matters.
Planning and Advancing Your Career - Annual performance reviews, adjusting to a new job, promotions, balancing work & life, and more.
The Princeton Review's Test Prep Services - Let The Princeton Review help you or a family member successfully prepare for the SAT, ACT, LSAT, MCAT, GRE, and GMAT.
Professional Resume Writing Services - Take advantage of Professional Resume Writing Services to gain an edge in a competitive job market.
Our hearts go out to all affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and we are looking forward to continuing to support our members and others in the case management industry affected by these disasters.