The latest assessment and intervention guide to improve patient adherence
Supporting the development of care management professionals and offering solutions to care managers practicing across the care continuum
CMAG 2012 is the third revision of this resource, designed to provide case management professionals with assessment and intervention tools to improve patient medication and treatment adherence.
CMAG 2012 addresses medication and treatment adherence as defined by WHO as being one of the primary reasons for readmissions and emergency room visits. Factors which may affect a patient’s ability to adhere to a plan outside of standard clinical diagnoses and treatment, such as socioeconomic dynamics, are considered in CMAG 2012. The information and tools presented in this edition serve the professional care management community as the standard by which case managers can advance assistance, coaching and monitoring efforts with the goal of ultimately improving care delivery and patient outcomes. CMSA has made medication adherence a strategic initiative since 2004, as part of its central mission to be the trusted source of resources which support and enable the professional growth of care managers. Given the key leadership role of case managers in the provision, transfer and coordination of patient information and treatment, CMSA is invested in providing educational materials like CMAG which enable case managers to be more effective in improving care quality.
Access Your Copy
CMSA intends to continue the CMAG program as an evolving resource for case managers; to ensure its longevity, CMSA offers the digital download of CMAG 2012 at $10 for current CMSA members and $20 for nonmembers.
Follow the instructions below to begin the download:
- Log in to the CMSA website by clicking the ‘Member Login’ link on the top toolbar of this page. If you do not have a profile, the login page will provide instructions on how to create a free profile.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, you will be redirected back to this page. If you are not redirected automatically, navigate to www.cmsa.org/cmag .
- Click on the orange 'Get Started' image, then select the 'Books and Science Papers' tab.
- Select CMAG 2012- English Version by clicking 'Add to Cart.'
- If you are a CMSA member, your CMAG 2012 price should show as $10; nonmembers should show a price of $20. Review your order and click 'Checkout' to fill in your billing details and complete your purchase.
- After completing your purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with the instructions and unique passcode to download your copy of CMAG.
CMAG for Organizations
CMSA offers a 4-hour CMAG educational program which can be provided by certified trainers to groups of case managers at a convenient location in your community. Attendees will receive 4.0 CE hours for CCM, 4.8 CE hours for Nursing, and 4.0 CE hours for NASW. If your organization is interested in a CMAG presentation, please contact Shelly Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-673-1115. CMAG training provides a solution for in person training on CMAG, both in core content and/or disease specific information.
CMSA will host an informational CMAG webinar on September 17; stay tuned for updates and event details.